The main landmarks of Burtons’ St Leonards.

The Lawn


Situated off Stanhope Place is a group of double villas built around a shared private garden called The Lawn. These were built by Decimus Burton in 1834.

Clock House


A fine ecclesiastic Gothic style villa presenting three storeys to the park and only one to the road behind. The clock in the Clock House tower was made by George III’s clockmaker and was used as St Leonards official time piece during the early days of the town.

© 2010 The Burtons’ St Leonards Society Designed & built by A. Rumsey

Please click a number below for more information.

Stanhope Place


Around the corner is the characterful and

multicoloured Stanhope Place.

Previoustour_10.html
Nexttour_12.html
ABOUT
About the society and the work that we do.
Click for detailsabout_-_aims.html
HISTORY
The historic town and the men behind it.
Click for detailshistory_-_the_burtons.html
TOUR
Take a guided walk around the landmarks.
Click for detailstour.html
GALLERY
Our St Leonards past and present slideshow.
Click for detailsgallery.html
EVENTS
Get all the details for our next event here.
Click for detailsevents.html
CONTACT
Get in touch or even pay us a visit.
Click for detailscontact.html
JOIN
Your help’s invaluable. join the Society now.
Click for detailsjoin.html